The Huawei P10 Plus has some exceptional features that boost its functionality, making it quite popular. Once you buy this phone, you’ll need to know how each of them works. But, how can you take a screenshot on this phone? You can use different methods depending on what you need to capture. Let’s look at each of them.
How to take a screenshot on Huawei P10 Plus using buttons combo?
Taking a screenshot with the Huawei P10 Plus is a simple process. Here’s how to go about it.
Step 1. Head to the web page or chat you want to take a screenshot of.
Step 2. Press down the power button and volume down buttons simultaneously.
Or if your phone has home button, quick press the power and home buttons instead.
Step 3. When the photo is captured, you’ll hear a shutter sound, and a display flashes briefly on your screen.
If you want to edit the screenshot first or share, tap on the thumbnail immediately before it disappears. Otherwise, you can come back to it later.
Still unsure how to take a screenshot? Follow this video guide:
Where to find the screenshot once it’s taken?
Taking a screenshot takes about 2 seconds. If you need to edit or share it with someone, you need to know where to find it.
- Open the gallery app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the “Screenshots” album and click on the capture you just took.
What Other Methods Can You Use to Take a Screenshot on Huawei P10 Plus?
Apart from the button combo, there are other alternatives that allow you to take a screenshot with this phone. Let’s look at them.
Use the screenshot shortcut
This is how to use this feature.
- Go to the screen you want to capture.
- Scroll down the status bar and open the notification panel on top of your screen.
- Tap the “Screenshot” icon. The captured image will automatically save on your gallery.
Use your knuckle
You can take a screenshot on the Huawei P10 Plus by using your knuckle. Here’s how this works.
- Go to the “Settings” tab and open “Accessibility features,” tap on “Shortcuts & gestures,” then select “Take screenshot.”
- Enable “Knuckle screenshots.”
- To capture the text or image, knock the phone screen twice in quick succession using one knuckle. The image will be saved in your gallery.
Use the grab gesture
Here is another alternative to use.
- Open your “Settings” and select “Accessibility features,” then “Shortcuts & gestures,” and activate “Air gestures.”
- Enable “Grabshot.”
- Place your hand about 20 to 40 cm away from the screen with the palm facing the screen. When the palm sign appears, close your fist to capture the screenshot.
How to Take a Partial Screenshot on Huawei P10 Plus?
Partial screenshots come in handy if you need to capture a single piece of information, such as a small detail or address. Use these steps.
- Go to “Settings,” open “Smart Assistance,” then “Motion Control,” and ensure the toggle is on for “Smart screenshot.”
- Knock the screen with your knuckle and drag it around the part you want to screenshot.
- Drag the image to the desired size and edit.
How to Take a Scrolling Screenshot on Huawei P10 Plus?
You can follow these steps when you need to capture the whole web page.
- Take a screenshot using the button combo method.
- Once the thumbnail appears on the screen, click “Scrollshot” and scroll until you’ve captured all the necessary information.
- The screenshot is saved on the gallery.
Alternatively, you can use the knuckle method.
- Open the page you want to screenshot.
- Knock the screen with one knuckle and hold to draw an “S.”
- The phone screen automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page. To stop the screenshot, you can touch the screen at any point.
The Huawei P10 Plus comes with different alternatives to take a screenshot. You can use your most preferred method with ease.
About the Device
Huawei P10 Plus measures 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm (4.54 x 2.31 x 0.37 in) and weighs 137 g (4.83 oz). It comes with IPS LCD, 640 x 960 pixels, 3:2 ratio (~330 ppi density) display.
The device has 1.0 GHz Cortex-A8 processor option(s), PowerVR SGX535 graphic card options(s) and 16GB 512MB RAM, 32GB 512MB RAM internal memory option(s). Also, equipped with Li-Po 1420 mAh, non-removable battery.
Huawei P10 Plus is currently discontinued, and comes in Black, White color(s).