When buying this phone, you need to know all the essential functionality, including the ability to take a screenshot. If you need to share a photo or text from your Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime device, how should you go about it? Here are some tips you can use.
How to Take a Screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime Using Buttons Combo?
The first and most common method to take a screenshot is to use the buttons located on the side of your phone. This is a simple process.
Step 1. Start by selecting the page you want to screenshot.
Step 2. Press the power and volume down buttons at the same time for a couple of seconds.
Step 3. Once you release it, the captured image flashes on the screen and automatically saves on your phone.
Or if your phone has home button, quick press the power and home buttons instead.
If you want to edit the screenshot first or share, tap on the thumbnail immediately before it disappears. Otherwise, you can come back to it later.
Still unsure how to take a screenshot? Follow this video guide:
Where to find screenshot location on the Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime?
After your screenshot is captured, where can you find it? Use these steps.
- Go to the gallery app on your device.
- Select the folder labeled “Screenshots” and open the image you want. You can edit it, share or delete it.
What Other Methods Can You Use to Take a Screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime?
While the button combo is the traditional method, there are other techniques you can use to take a screenshot on your Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime. Here are some of them.
Using notification panel
If your buttons are not working for some reason, here’s how to use this feature.
- Open the application or text you want to screenshot.
- Open the drop-down menu to display the notification bar.
- Find the screenshot icon (with a scissors icon) and tap on it to capture the image.
Using the three-finger gesture
This device allows you to use in-built gestures to take a screenshot.
- Go to “Settings,” and select “Advanced Settings,” and then tap “Buttons and gesture shortcuts.”
- Click on “Take a screenshot” and then choose the option “Slide 3 fingers down”.
- To take the screenshot, slide three fingers done on your screen. The phone will vibrate after the image has been captured.
Using Google Assistant
Like all Android devices, the Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime comes with the Google Assistant feature, which allows you to use a voice command. Follow these steps.
- Open your Google Assistant
- Say, “Ok Google, take a screenshot.”
- Your phone will automatically save the image. You can add other commands to share it to another platform.
Using third-party apps
The other alternative is to third-party apps such as Screenshot Easy. Download the app from Google Play and get started.
- Open the app.
- Activate the floating button or “shake to take screenshots” feature.
- Go back to the webpage or image you want to capture and take the screenshot.
How to Take a Full-Page Screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime?
If you want to screenshot an image that’s longer than your screen, here’s how to go about it.
- Press the volume down and power button simultaneously as described above.
- The image displayed on your screen will have an option to either “send” or “scroll.”
- Tap on the “scroll” option and scroll down your screen until you are satisfied with the screenshot. Next, you can save it or delete it.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime allows you to take screenshots in multiple ways. You can opt to use the traditional Android method or activate other features in your settings. If you just bought a new phone, use this guide and try out the different methods.
About the Device
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime measures 154 x 78.7 x 9.4 mm (6.06 x 3.10 x 0.37 in) and weighs 185 g (6.53 oz). It comes with IPS LCD, 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~267 ppi density) display.
The device has Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 processor option(s), Adreno 306 graphic card options(s) and 16GB 2GB RAM internal memory option(s). Also, equipped with Li-Po 3100 mAh, removable battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime is currently discontinued, and comes in White color(s).